The Walking Dead: Season 1

This section contains PC game reviews

The Walking Dead: Season 1

Postby Infinite » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:46 am

Review for the game "The Walking Dead: Season 1"

Introduction: The Walking Dead: Season 1 is a pc game created by Telltale Games. It can be purchased on the Steam gaming platform. The game is the story about of a man trying to survive the zombie apocalypse. This game is engrossing, once I started playing it, I wouldn't stop until it was completed. It doesn't take too long to finish and I would recommend this game to anyone who enjoys The Walking Dead television series or the comic book series.

Gameplay: There is a lot of dialogue and cut scenes in this game. The majority of gameplay consists of players making choices with the dialogue that is presented. How you react via your 4 dialogue choices will change how the story is played out. This game can reward or punish you based on the decisions that you choose. Every choice has a consequence. There is a very short amount of time given for you to make your choices. This forces the player to choose their action or response quickly. At the end of each of the 5 episodes the game will show you statistics about how many other players made similar or different choices than you on a global scale. The statistics are great because its interesting to see how others reacted in similar situations.

Controls: This game requires a keyboard to play. There are a lot of games that you can play with an xbox or logitech controller, however this is not one of them. The controls are relatively simple, consisting of your 4 basic movements, 4 dialogue options and an action key.

Difficulty: It is a relatively easy game. It has some puzzles although the majority of the game consists of dialog and the choices that you make.

Graphics: This game has incredible graphics. There is a very unique artistic style that is presented throughout the entire game, and it looks amazing. The cut scenes are seamless and the graphics are consistent during the entire playthrough. This game has 3d portraits that seem to have come straight from the comic book. Instead of focusing on details of all of the 3d objects and characters in the game, the graphics rely on a high contrast stylistic element that really captivates the player by immersing players into the world of the game. There are a lot of violent zombies in this game and that makes this game bloody fun

Audio: The voice acting is top notch in this game, and the music is good as well.

Fun Factor: I enjoyed this game. Throughout the game I kept wondering whether I would be punished for making certain choices and in some cases I was. It has an enveloping story and graphics that don't disappoint. Having characters react according to my play style makes this game excellent

Pros: graphic design, meaningful consequences, story
Cons: too easy, not enough puzzles

Overall Score:
8.0 / 10.0
Infinite
Site Admin

Return to Gaming